• New Failure more for Cortex, jittery motor

I saw a new (to me) failure mode for Cortex at Dallas BEST Game day. Symptoms: - "Robot drives funny" since one wheel is under powered -...

0 0 170

Started by jgraber

• RobotC: How to make the joystick ease into full speed?

I have recently gotten into using RobotC, and it is really great! It is much more customizable than Easy-C. I have seen other teams make it so when...

1 0 122

Started by CollinC

• Battery charging during the semi-final and final rounds

This year our hub (Dallas) decided to permanently disable the "fast" setting on the battery charger, a decision that I'm sure will cut down...

3 0 137

Started by ralsobrook

• Telescoping Arm

So at the Music City Best Competition Saturday, there were many great robots, but Merrol Hyde's stood out. A lot. I noticed that their arm for the...

1 0 124

Started by CollinC

• Attachment of motors to wheels

Brand new team here, at a school that has never had a robot, nor a robotics club, nor do my poor kids have a sponsor that knows anything either. Can...

9 0 343

Started by profegross

• EasyC Motor Type?

What motor type do I put for the "Big and Small" Motors they gave us. I am referencing the motor type column in the controller...

1 0 69

Started by 674kylemdo

• Robot C Tutorial Feedback

I am attempting to create a tutorial to Robot C that can reach a wide demographic of personas. From those who are fortunate to be equipped with the...

2 0 112

Started by AnonymousUnknown

• VEXnet connection and 9V backup battery

Q251 was just posted to the Q A about the legality of using the 9V backup battery to help eliminate issues with the VEXnet connection dropping out. ...

3 0 120

Started by EvansPhysics

• Hydroponics Area

We are able to reach the highest tomatoes, however, since the PVC is not anchored to the side walls, they just tip over when you apply minimal force...

2 0 75

Started by jdub

• New pictures in the Pictures forum

There are a number of new of pictures in the pictures flicker forum thingy. Many of them are good examples (or bad examples) of BEST robotics methods...

0 0 72

Started by jgraber

• Motor Trouble

The students can't find any information on connecting the motors to the cortex. Can anyone point them in the direction of any documentation that will...

2 0 88

Started by shcbest

• Motor Mount

We are running into an issue with the mounting of our motors. We have attached each of our large motors to a gear. To make this attachment, we...

1 0 80

Started by MisterB1998

• Potentiometer

We have no idea how to wire a potentiometer, and we don't know what to ground the potentiometer to. We would greatly appreciate help. Thank you,...

2 0 99

Started by BravesRobotics

• Getting started on arm

"Very" rookie team here. My kids are having a hard time getting our arm going. Are there any resources for some basics in robot arm...

4 0 129

Started by dmoseley

• Motor To Joystick Issue

We're having trouble with programming the motor to the right joystick. I thought that the current block was correct, but it's not responding...

2 0 99

Started by 674kylemdo

• Servo Rotation Problem

My team needs to have our servos to rotate 180 degrees; however, the servos seem to only go about 30 degrees (from 0 to 127 or -127). Is there a way,...

2 0 111

Started by 674kylemdo

• Vexnet Troubleshooting

My students had no trouble getting the remote control to communicate with the Vex Cortex micro controller using the orange USB cable, but could not...

7 1 347

Started by dmgauntt

• Joystick not connecting

Hello, Our joystick is not connecting to the cortex or the computer we are using. When I plug it into the computer to see if it needs to update...

2 0 65

Started by Chapa

• U-bolt from Home Depot

I am building a partial practice field for our team, and went to Home Depot to get the U-bolts specified in the Bill of Materials (118-042). ...

2 0 88

Started by dmgauntt

• Polypropylene stiffness when holes drilled in it

I appreciate all the great help here. Our team is thinking of making wheels out of the polypropylene sheet and would like to drill holes in them to...

2 0 92

Started by dannyk

• cutting polypropylene

Any advice on cutting the 1/4" polypropylene sheet would be appreciated. We have cut it with a jig saw in the past but are in need of more...

3 0 116

Started by dannyk

• RobotC modular programming problems

---PROBLEM SOLVED DO NOT REPLY--- I use RobotC and have as long as I have been my team's lead programmer. Unfortunately, I have encountered an issue...

6 0 120

Started by snidbert64

• OmniWheels for BEST

So for the last 10 years the school I have mentored (Pearce High School from Dallas BEST) has been using Omni Wheels instead of casters or skids as...

6 0 249

Started by Stuart1745

• Easy C Hub license doesn't work

We are trying to use our hub license key for Easy C but when online registering it only accepts 3 fields and the key is 4 fields long. Are we...

1 0 70

Started by Sam

• Need CAD models of simple robot designs

Hello All, I am working on a project that requires a few examples of CAD models of BEST robots that teams have designed in the past. I am not...

0 0 98

Started by shiremath