Jonesstacey1
I do not see the interactive game on the BEST scoresheets. Where are the guidelines?
Quote 0 0
jgraber
Can you use more different words?
Keywords “interactive game” don’t trigger any associations for me.  
  Based on your past posts, you are a team coach, right?  (And not a judge)
  A wild guess is that you refer to the small % of the BEST award that is based on game performance, which is something like 5..1 points based on scoring in the top to bottom quintiles of all game scores.  
Quote 0 0
Jonesstacey1
Yes, a coach. We usually score low on this part, but you are right, it is a small percentage. The kids are working on it, but I was not sure if we had to give prizes. I would like to help judge a year that I do not have a team, so that I can learn more. I am close to retirement, but want to continue helping with BEST. Sorry on the words. I appreciate your advice.
Quote 0 0
dannyk
In the past, there was something in the booth rules about an "interactive component" or something along those lines. Some teams would make a game for visitors to play. I don't see it this year. I'm not sure if that's relevant or correct.
Quote 0 0
jgraber
OK, my guess was wrong;  You are asking about Criteria for the BEST Award booth exhibition .
I've never judged this, I'm more of a robot and notebook guy, so maybe DannyK or others will chip in.
This section of the scoring rubric changes the most lately.  You can find all the score sheets in the BEST/Contest/Rules/Scoresheets area of the file manager.
Direct link: http://best.eng.auburn.edu/stored_procedures/folder-manager2/create-folder.php?folder=1156&parent_id=1143
 I didn't see anything about an interactive game there.  Booth score seems to be more about advertising for your sponsors and for BEST, and community engagement.
    Regional competitions always need more judges.  Maybe this year you can be on the watch for judges, and discretely follow them from booth to booth to hear if they think out loud while judging.
Quote 0 0
Jonesstacey1
yes, that is what I am seeing or not seeing. It is usually in the score sheets, but the hashtag component may have taken its place. We made an interactive educational component that can be configured as a game if it needs to be. Thanks for answering my question. The kids are really working hard.
Quote 0 0
jgraber
You are welcome. Good luck at regional.  I will be running compliance at Texas BEST, so if that's your regional, stop by to say hello.
Quote 0 0