BEST Robotics Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Katniss

Reply with quote  #1 
Just wondering, is the summary for the notebook required?
gyoung

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
You mean the research paper i assume. You only need to do it if you want the points for it.
Katniss

Reply with quote  #3 
No, actually I mean the summary that the notebook rubric mentions. I don't remember which section, but I think it's organization. I know the research paper is required.
gyoung

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Just to be clear....are you talking about the following statement in the Project Engineering Notebook score sheet?

Overall Quality and Completeness of Notebook  (9  Points)

§  Organization and appearance

Table of contents, summary, page numbers, discussion of evaluation points, linkage to appendices

I suppose if it adds to the overall organization and appearance of the document then it would be a good idea to include it. Since this score sheet is what the judges actually use to score the notebook, it's probably a good idea to cover what is listed here.

§  Organization and appearance

Table of contents, summary, page numbers, discussion of evaluation points, linkage to appendices
Katniss

Reply with quote  #5 
Yes, that is what I was referring to. Thank you!
Katniss

Reply with quote  #6 
On a related note, what exactly are the judges looking for in the summary? Just a short explanation of what we accomplished in the six weeks?

Basically, I'm wondering if the definition of a summary for an engineering notebook is the same as for anything else.

"A brief statement or account of the main points"

Is there a particular format we should use?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: