Icy_Wolf
On the game field, the plastic pieces that we have to collect are worth point values. I was not at kick off, and I don't know what the values are. Could someone let me know?
Quote 0 0
jgraber
 The balls are worth 5pts, and everything else is 10pts, but there are a lot of bonuses that are worth more than that. 
Dallas BEST didn't even talk about the point values at kickoff, since they are on page 45 +/- of the rules, but might have changed by Q&A  marked "Rules Change".   I don't remember if the points are mentioned in the Animation, but that is a good reference to how to play the game, and the meaning of the numbers on the bottom of the ducks. 
Its a good idea to read the rules and the Q&A   for the contest you are entering, otherwise, you might not realize you can't compete without an engineering notebook, or that there is a max height of 8" above the beam for the starting position.   Even an experienced private school showed up last week with a 13" above the beam robot, and had to compete in the first four matches with just a battery, while the rest of team worked on cutting out 5" of the middle of the robot.   Even then, they came in rank 24 out of 36, mostly on duck bonus scores.
Quote 0 0
Icy_Wolf
Ah, okay. Thank you! That helps a lot.
Quote 0 0