BEST Robotics Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
stevenm

Reply with quote  #1 
When programming with easyc an error occurs when trying to send the program to the cortex. The error says to connect the cortex through the USB cord. The computer is connected to the controller and the controller is connected to the cortex through the wireless keys and all necessary software is downloaded and up to date.
jgraber

Reply with quote  #2 
What debugging steps have you already tried?
Does the same computer and programming cable work on another Joystick/Cortex?
Do the Joystick and Cortex work wirelessly with existing program?
Does USB AA PC<>Cortex wired download work?  
"up-to-date" means firmware 4.25 on Cortex and Joystick,  EasyC V5.0.0.2, vexnet key firmware v1.46 ?
Check that you have the right PC driver for your Programming cable type,  see https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexedr/resources/firmware
Sometimes the exact wording of an error message provides a better clue to the problem, so even just googling the exact error message can hepl a lot.

If it still doesn't work, try asking the 100 people who reply on https://www.vexforum.com/index.php/conversations/unofficial-tech-support
Note that unofficial help has ~100 experienced volunteers, while official support is a minor part of a paid employees job.

dmgauntt

Reply with quote  #3 
stevenm,

You stated that the "computer is connected to the controller" and "the controller is connected to the Cortex through the wireless keys".  I would suggest doing exactly what the error message states: connect the computer to the Cortex using the USB A/A cable, and simply leave the controller out of the picture.

Out of curiosity: how did you attach the computer to the controller if the controller is connected to the cortex through the wireless keys?  The only way that I know of to connect the computer to the controller is through the USB port; if the A/A cable is inserted into the controller's USB port, then you can't insert a wireless key into the port.
dmgauntt

Reply with quote  #4 
stevenm,

I just found the picture on page 7 of the VexNet user guide showing how to attach the computer to the controller through the "Program" port.  Still, I suggest connecting the Cortex directly to the computer through the USB port.
jgraber

Reply with quote  #5 
Its nice to see a followup from original poster (which we have not yet seen), describing which suggestion was the fix, or what else fixed it, or answers to debugging questions.   When it has been this long without followup, I assume the OP fixed their problem and moved on.   Just like people don't go around and clean up their "lost dog" signs after they find their dog.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.