BEST Robotics Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
DenisonHS

Reply with quote  #1 
We have had questions from local companies wanting to sponsor our robotics team and we were wondering if we could have company decals on our robot? Similar to nascar.
nmbaird

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi! We have not tried decals, but if the answer turns out to be no, one thing my team (STEM School in Colorado) does is offer to laser-engrave the logo onto a robot part. One year they laser-engraved all the sponsor names and logos onto a scrap kit wood plaque that they velcro'd onto the side of the robot. It's another way to go about it without having to worry about compliance.
jgraber

Reply with quote  #3 
I have seen sponsor logos on robots in past years, so I think sponsor names and logos (in good taste) would be fine, as long as you dont use them for a "functional" purpose, such as interacting with the game field or pieces. 

IGUS is a major BEST Sponsor (by providing that bag of plastic bearings and rods, etc for every team).
They include an IGUS logo sponsor sticker in the bag, and I have seen teams use that.

Or, you know, questions like "is it allowed to X?" could always be asked on the Q&A.
That way, you'll have an official documented answer to show judges that question you about it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.