BEST Robotics Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ralsobrook

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm not sure if any of you have come up against the same issue, but I've noticed that it has become quite hard to find USB extension cables in sizes 18" and under. Of course you can find them, but the options to choose from are slim, with most extension cables coming in at 3' (1m) or more. Would it be possible to reconsider the constraints on USB extension cables and allow teams to use 3' cables? It could be especially useful this year, with reconfiguration allowing the spotter to extend the robot past the size constraints during the match, and would certainly give teams a greater variety to choose from.
jgraber

Reply with quote  #2 
https://www.monoprice.com/search/index?keyword=usb%20extension&mode=list&length=1.5ft
Shows three different types available for 1-3$,  plus $$$ in shipping.
The real Spec'ed product is Monoprice #5431,  only 93 cents,
so they are not hard to find from the specified source.

I'll mention your request at the next Kit Committee meeting.
Eagle

Reply with quote  #3 
Have to turn in robot tomorrow.  ANy idea where to purchase an extension in D/FW area (no time to get shipped)
jgraber

Reply with quote  #4 
DFW area means CoCo or Cowtown.   I'm doing compliance at CoCo at Prosper HS Prosper TX, and I can bring a couple. 
If you are at Cowtown, send me a PM with your school name or text number and I'll see what we can work out.

jgraber

Reply with quote  #5 
I had a team use my 18" USB extension cable, but they could not get it to work at all, much less any better.   I'll have to try a new batch of cables, and maybe just 12" ones.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.