BEST Robotics Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
fredrick

Reply with quote  #1 
need assistance in how to configure the controller (game-pad), if is set to go forward/ reverse in channel 1, while in channel 2 it makes turns right/ left
jgraber

Reply with quote  #2 
You can use EasyC (or RobotC, or Simulink) to write and load a different program to the cortex,
that will change the way the Joystick controls affect the Cortex motor ports.
fredrick

Reply with quote  #3 
Before I change the cortex default program. I want to check if the following configuration is the correct for the forward/reverse and right/left

Attached Images
png config joy.png (19.82 KB, 5 views)

jgraber

Reply with quote  #4 
That looks ok, (and also exactly the same as the default program!) assuming you have all the constant defines as reasonable.
It is faster to try it than ask the forum.  If you break it, you can always reload the default program from the BEST website.
If you robot doesn't drive right with the default, you probably have the motors wired backwards, or left/right reversed.
fredrick

Reply with quote  #5 
One more question what is the link where I can download the default program in case that the program that I have ready does not work, and  do I have to download it just to the cortex or also the game pad. 
jgraber

Reply with quote  #6 
http:bestinc.org . Participants, FileManager, 2017 Game files, Software (Crossfire password protected)

But for lazy people or people without password, I have attached the zip file

Attached Files
zip BEST_default_easyc (2).zip (2.80 KB, 4 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.