BEST Robotics Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dmgauntt

Reply with quote  #1 
I assume that by now some hubs have had their competitions.  Does anyone have any information on what the winning scores have been at any of the competitions?
Terry

Reply with quote  #2 
We have lots of info on the seeding/semi/final totals posted at http://www.sabest.org.
Not posted is the highest single match score of 508 pts, or the quickest time to hit the rescue button - 21 seconds.
jgraber

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Terry.   The high score and fastest rescue probably didn't happen in the same match.
Top Team in finals average 431 per match.  Less than 67 points difference per match between top 5 at semi-finals.
Max 600 -25(seconds rescue estimate) -431(actual score)=144 missed points.    
Average missed points for winner is about 144.   
-30 for 'undercontrol bonus=all flames extinguished' = 114,  so missing 2 cans and 7 flames, or 1 can and 15 flames,  something like that.

Terry

Reply with quote  #4 
Joel - You're correct, the time for the high score (508) was actually 22 seconds, not 21 seconds.  For the 21 second match, the score was 479 (same team).
EvansPhysics

Reply with quote  #5 
From the Penn State DuBois hub today... completely unofficial...

highest single round score was 528
fastest manikin rescue (that I saw - could have missed a lot) was 21-22 seconds in the same round as the high score.  It could have been quicker as one manikin foot was out of the starter box and had to be pushed in after the robot dropped it.
jgraber

Reply with quote  #6 
Update: 
  CoCo BEST "Igus Top Gun Award" was average 338 for 6 rounds.
 The winner of finals averaged 413 per match.

jgraber

Reply with quote  #7 
Update:  Dallas BEST Game day just finished.   Top single match score was about 583.
The winner of finals averaged 566 per match, and also won the BEST award.
Zach M

Reply with quote  #8 
I know one team rescued in 18 secs once at MS BEST. Not sure about overall high score though.
jgraber

Reply with quote  #9 
Texas BEST REGIONAL results are available now
Regional Finals scores, out of 3x600=1800 (average rescue time) :
1761 (13), 1700 (33?), 1554, 1462
Winner averaged 587 points per match for 3 matches, and usually done in < 2 minutes.
I've not yet seen a video of a sub 10 sec rescue time, as mentioned in the rules.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.